Oct 25, 2011

Optimism 101

OK, now that im over my little hissy fit from this morning where I believed that the world was ending and my life was doomed (yes, I know, this seems a bit extreme), im reading to post something more fun!

Yesterday I went with my hubby to the tattoo parlour so he could add some more detail to his back tattoo (hubby's tattoo's deserve a post to themselves considering how many he has). While I was there, I got to thinking about how much I want another tattoo.

I got my first tattoo, a cross, when I was only 19 years old. It was just a plain cross tattoo with my family initials around it. When I was 22, I added a pattern around it so that it wasn't so ordinary looking. Now I think im ready for something more. The only thing that is stopping me from getting another tattoo is the judgement that I will receive from it. From my mum, my dad, my sister, friends, work colleagues, people walking down the street - anyone really. I admire that my hubby really doesn't care about what other people think of him.

I always seem to consider other people's thoughts before myself. I think about if my parents will be disappointed that I got another tattoo (probably thinking my hubby influenced me), or if other people will like the design.

I think I need to stop thinking so much and just do what makes me happy... Who cares what other people think! Right?!

Here are some images of designs that I like:









No comments: